Why YOU want to be a Changemaker for Sustainable Development and Net Zero Prosperity?
United Cities, the Møre and Romsdal County and Kristiansund municipality are leading organizations within both Norway and Europe in developing sustainability on social and municipal levels through the utilization of data driven methodologies. An internship position will allow you, as an individual, to develop professional personal skills needed to work with multiple stakeholders and become an effective changemaker for sustainability.
- Paid Internship based in Kristiansund, Møre and Romsdal, Norway starting in mid-September 2022, and ending mid-May 2023
- Monthly skill-building workshops designed to build competency and capacity
- Project work will be comprised of both short- and long-term projects in Norway and abroad.
- Short term projects will be based on the application of systemic innovation from the perspectives of different stakeholders to achieve net-zero prosperity
- Practical experience in private sector, organizations, and municipalities in Norway
Role Competencies and Skills
- Ability to apply broad theoretical job knowledge obtained through academic and/or professional experience to approach complex problems
- The necessary mindset, drive, and personal abilities to work as a changemaker for sustainability after completing the internship period.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Passionate about contributing to a more sustainable society
- EU citizen or has the right to work in Norway
- Fluency in English Required Educational Background
- Master’s degree/higher education related to sustainable development within a diversity of fields (business, politics, finance, marketing, social science, psychology ect.)
United Cities Core Values
The values of United Cities and United Cities Internship program at Campus Kristiansund focus on the concepts of Openness, Transparency, and Inclusivity, in addition to the values expressed in the Stavanger Declaration:
- Secure that people know what the status is in their local communities
- Develop plans to show how the UN Sustainable Development Goals will be realized at the local level
- Mobilize and support citizens, businesses, organizations, and academia that contribute to sustainable development
- Measure and evaluate the impact of efforts
Deadline: July 11th, 2022
If you are interested in the program, please see the attached application: https://tinyurl.com/5y7rtn7n
For more information please contact: bret(xmsDot)collins(xmsAt)unitedcities(xmsDot)net Photo credit: Per K valvik